Kayla - Loveland, Colorado

Some people believe that everything in their lives is already planned out. Others believe their lives are a reflection of the choices they’ve made. But what if we are the creators of our own lives? I believe that everything in life is something that was put there with thoughts and feelings.

For some, this is a hard concept to grasp. Would a woman create an abusive husband? Would a student create a failed test? These questions are very different but I believe they have the same answer. That woman and that student thought about it. The woman might have thought, “I’m not good enough for a man that will treat me well.” And that student probably thought, “I know I’m going to fail this test.” These thoughts could even be subconscious.

Scientifically thoughts can be measured and send out a frequency. Scientists ran tests on Olympic runners and asked them to imagine exactly what it was like to run their race. They found that when the runners thought about their race, the same muscles were triggered and the same brain waves were released as when they were literally running the race.

Since thoughts have a frequency, they send off an energy. Where does that energy go? Depending on your beliefs, that might differ. That energy might go to God, “the universe,” or “the powers that be.” Think of God, the universe, etc, as a genie and your thoughts are wishes. If that abused woman thinks she’s not good enough, the “genie” says, “Your wish is my command!” If that student thinks he’s going to fail, The “genie” says, “Your wish is my command!”

If my theory is correct, than people should be able to use their thoughts and will power to bring whatever they want into their lives. Anyone should be able to bring money by thinking, “I have ten million dollars.” The “genie” will hear your wish and grant it. But it can’t just be said once and that’s it. Thoughts and feelings are connected. If someone says she is a millionaire, she has to also feel it and visualize seeing it in her bank account.

I have used this in my own life. I’ve thought about getting A’s on tests and I got A’s. I’ve wanted to get out of numerous presentations in classes. I’d go about my day thinking that I wasn’t going to do those and something always came up and cancelled them. I injured my shoulder very badly but all the doctors told me I’d be okay. I felt that I was going to need surgery. I kept seeing myself in an operating room. A few months later, I had shoulder surgery.

I do believe in God, and all of these things could just be coincidences but I believe I create my life, the good and the bad. And if this is true, I believe I will reach my highest potential and do great things.