Anahi - Loveland, Colorado
Themes: parenthood

I believe that the love of a mother should be unconditional. When a woman becomes pregnant, life gives her a beautiful gift, a present worth more than any jewel in the world. The ability to have a human being growing inside you, getting bigger and bigger every day changes all of your perspectives about life. If there were anything in the world that is unique in all of its ways, it would be the love that a mother has for her child, a love so pure that cannot be broken or destroyed, a love that will last an eternity.

My whole life I’ve had a very close relationship with my mother. She has been an exceptional mom, all throughout my life. I always knew that her love was unconditional; she would always tell me this but I didn’t feel it. I’ve always known that she is the one person that I can come talk to, cry with, laugh with and share my things with. I know that she will never turn her back on me no matter what. When I found out I was pregnant my self, I was shocked, I didn’t know how she was going to react, I didn’t know how to react myself. However I was sure that she was the first person that I would tell. I was afraid she would be disappointed in me, or maybe even ashamed of having a teenage daughter who was now pregnant. Or maybe even stop loving me, but the love she had given me throughout my life gave me the guts to tell her. She sat down and smiled at me, then she told me everything was fine she said I didn’t need to cry anymore because she was by my side no matter what, and that this baby was a blessing from god. She thought me not to be ashamed or afraid anymore. She gave me strength and support but most importantly her unconditional love.

This change in my life really made me think, about what the love of a mother is. Since I am going to be a new mother pretty soon, I have decided to follow my own mother’s steps. The love that has grown inside me for my baby is stronger than anything in the world. I already love my child with all of my heart and I don’t even know what this baby is going to look like. All I know is that when it kicks inside my belly, it gives me a joy a never felt before. I am ready to give it all of my love, to protect it and keep it safe, to keep it warm and to make it smile. For the rest of my life, even if this baby turns out to be a thief and end up in jail, or be a killer, become homosexual, or if it becomes a bad person. No matter what it turns out to be my love will never change, and I will never stop feeling the love I feel for this baby inside me that is going to one day call me mother. This is why I truly believe that the love of a mother should be unconditional. The love I have for this soon-to-be-born child will last an eternity.