Jordan - Loveland, Colorado
Themes: Christianity

I believe miracles do still happen.

Every miracle I see shows me just how much God loves his people. I have seen miracles all throughout my life and I have learned that nothing is impossible with God. One of my favorite testimonies is of what God did through me when I was only five years old. One day while my dad was making my brother’s bed he threw out his back. While he was lying on the floor I walked up to him and I simply put my hand on him and said, “God please heal daddy’s back.” Then I walked away giggling and started playing again. My dad got up off the floor in no pain what so ever. God can use anyone he wants to, even a five year old.

There’s a man in my church whose son was diagnosed with stage three pancreatic cancer and was given only months to live. His family refused to accept what the doctors said; God is bigger than any diagnosis. So they laid hands on him and began praying for his healing. He was supposed to have surgery to treat the caner, but as the doctor came out after the surgery he reported that when they opened him up there was no cancer to be found.

Or there’s my dad’s friend Shane. When he was a little kid he had shingles that just wouldn’t go away. So his mom finally said she was going to take him to the doctor, but his grandma wouldn’t hear of it. So she took him out into the front yard and laid hands on him and as she did the shingles fell off into the grass. The shingles never came back.

Through the years I have learned to never put God in a box, because with God anything is possible! It says in the Bible in Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” We need to always give our testimonies of what God has done in our lives, because it builds up faith in others.