Simplicity is the best

Dustin - Boise, Idaho

We have come a long ways over time. We have made significant improvements and inventions. From black and white to flat-screen plasma televisions, to picking up the internet on our cell phones, it really shows our achievements in the technologies. We aren’t ashamed of it either.

Another item that has been complicating our lives, not so much good as the previous, would be the human experimentations. I am referring to the same-sex marriages, husbands giving birth, and owners marrying house pets. I am fascinated with the new electronics that come out. I’m a computer major myself, and this makes one of my life enjoyments. Everyone has one, but I do believe that this-just-mentioned topic isn’t one of them.

We were doing fine without these twisted “life styles”. When we were born, we were specifically given male and female bodies from our Maker, not both. There was a reason for that. God knows us very well. This is His purpose. Man and women are supposed to join in marriage. The Bible testifies in 1st Corinthians 11:11, “Nevertheless neither is the man without the women, neither the women without the man, in the Lord”.

The Family: A Proclamation to the World, published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, expounds, “We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.”

Continuing they add, “All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual pre-mortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose”.

Back in the days when everything was simple, men would be the providers of the house, and the women would be the house wives to attend to the responsibilities of the house and the children. Pets took their places in the home to protect their owners, and become friends; even a man’s best friend.

I do believe that if we could all see this from the same viewpoint we would be in a much happier world today with more time to enjoy life as it should be.