This I Believe: That all are created Equall

Patrick - Rapid City, South Dakota
Themes: equality, love

This I believe. That a man can live his life by reading and writing poetry, and that we were given the ability to think and imagine to show love and kindness to others and to progress in the future. This I believe. That we are able to grow in our selves mentally and physically all for one purpose, to respect and cherish our short lives on earth. Working together we can accomplish this, and make the earth a better place for all.

One day, I came across a poem in a book of mine. The poem was a well known poem by Rudyard Kipling, “IF.” I read this poem and I instantly realized that if the world live by this poem and poems like it, it would be a much better place.

One of the lines in the poem that struck me most was, “Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, and stoop and build ‘em up with worn out tools.” If we all saw the things in our life that we love broken, but yet didn’t give up to repair the damage done, wouldn’t our world be happier? If we saw that we could make a difference in our everyday life we all would have that feeling of importance, and would see the importance in others. Another line in the poem that also struck me is, “If you can dream-and not make dreams your master; if you can think-and not make thoughts your aim.” If we all had reasonable dreams of a better world without that dream taking control of us, couldn’t we make the world a better place without overdoing it?

I came across another poem a poet had written that talked about her idea of a perfect world. He mentioned that the world should have no worry. Mothers should not have to worry about their children. It also asked why our world has been taken advantage of and asked us to imagine our world without any junk.

Although the junk is a problem, what about our relationship with others? You here on the news the disasters that happen because of hate. Why when you go into schools there is still discrimination? We have all heard that all men are created equal, but how many of us actually take it to heart. Are fathers teaching there sons the true meaning of this saying? Because of hate, discrimination, and differences between us all, our world is tense. We do not know what will happen tomorrow, or what is happening. We are not put on this earth to hate, but to love.

We say we love, but do we mean it? We may love our families and people close to us, but do you love that child in Africa who is abandoned and starving. Love is not just a feeling, it is something unexplainable and when we show it to others we can see it in them and it gives us a feeling of joy. So why not just love constantly?

This I do believe. I believe that through, thought, imagination, and love, we can and will make the world a better place for all.