This I Believe In Faith and Friendship

Alyssa - Phoenix, Arizona

God gives you that one person you can call in the middle of the night because you had a bad dream or just because you wanted to know what your first hour teacher had said that made you laugh so hard. Corina Michelle G is that person God gave me. She is my sister, my best friend, and my other half. We met our sophomore year in our World History Class who was taught by Mr. Banks. I used to ask her for all the answers in the class. She used to always compare Carl Hayden to Camelback saying,” I already learned this you guys are so behind,” and I remember saying “So what just let me copy please.”

Time passed by we became very close pouring out our secrets, to just lying next to each other in the mega big bed. She has proved to me that with everything that happens to you in life may seem so negative but it some how turns into something positive. Not having a father in both of our lives made us so much stronger, I can honestly say that god brought us together to be take there place.

Corina have taught me many traits that will play a part in my day-to-day life. Such as: Never let anyone pull you lower than you can pull your self down, as much as someone can call you names and say so much about you. You should not let anyone control your life, it’s your life and you should live it how you want it to be. Most of all you have shown me that the word best friend is more than two words it is an action you brought upon yourself. Having the responsibility to watch one another’s back or to be that one person to reach a hand out and ask for a dollar simply saying “Can you help me out with a dollar and god will bless you” This is something we used to say all the time because we wanted to buy a tea.

I believe in faith, having God in our lives has made our relationship so much better. Going to church every Sunday has kept us out of so much trouble and has brought to our attention that God is always with us no matter what. Using every prayer in our minds in order to play good in our games and at the end we know that with out God we would have never won that game. But even if we were not capable of winning our faith was still strong. Corina Michelle G, my sister, my best friend, and most definitely my other half, I would like to thank you for the guidance you have gave me and the confidence that you have shown me I have had. I love you with all my heart and soul.