Music is the Cure

Richard - Baldwin, Illinois

Music is the cure for all of life’s troubles. Music is a way to convey emotions and to get away from the world. People say if you play music for plants they will grow. I believe music also makes people grow.

You can learn a lot from music. You learn about the good and bad times for people. Music always makes me feel better when I am down. When I am angry I will turn music up really loud to drown out the world and be on my own.

A few months ago I was arguing with my parents like always. I don’t even remember the reason we were arguing but it got me so mad that I had to get away from the world for a little while. I couldn’t leave the house because they grounded my from leaving or I would have went to my girlfriend to make myself feel better, so I went into my room turned on my computer, turned on my music, turned it up loud enough that I couldn’t hear anything else but quiet enough so my parents wouldn’t complain. And then, I lost myself in the melodies and riffs that started coming out the speakers. Every note and chord helped me to let my anger out, and I started to feel better. I sang with the music so loud that my throat started to hurt. I stayed in there for most of the night. I finally came out around 10:00 to get something to eat. Then I went back to room and went to my bed. The next day went much better now that my emotions were out.

Now though with all the money troubles I am having and all the stresses of life including my parents and their problems, I listen to music more often. Some people use alcohol, drugs or cigarettes to help deal with the stresses of their lives, but rather than helping them with their stress, it is only causing them more. They now need money for more things. There are free music websites out there that are legal and if more people would realize this and just listen to music rather than destroy their lives with these harmful substances than they would grow as people. They would find true happiness, just like I have. Even with all of life’s troubles, I am still happy. Music is the cure.