The Story of Radiance Hayes

Rashonda - USA

Radiance Hayes

Radiance was a very bright and smart talented young girl she loved to read and to write she had a promising future for sure. She was of very few that had her head on straight that was until she met this guy by the name of Christian. Christian was a very sneaky person he came across to many as a nice respectable young man however Radiance mom Trish seen right through his charm and knew that he wasn’t good for her Radiance. However Radiance believed otherwise. This is a story about a young girl who dreams and goals of becoming a journalist were cut short due to trusting and believing in someone whom she thought had loved her. “Hey mom” “hey baby where have you been I called your cell phone 3 times and left voice mails.” “Sorry mom I had my phone on silent.” “well why didn’t you call me back where were you were you with Christian, cause I called him too and his phone went straight to voice mail, you have to understand honey that I am a mom and I care about you and you not calling me telling me where you are gets me to thinking” thinking what exactly mom. I am smart and I know right from wrong Gosh mom I am 18 and will be leaving for college soon you cant keep doing this” Doing what Radiance. Being an concerned parent. Mom I understand that you were

worried but its only 10:30.” “Baby besides the fact that I think the boy is trouble that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t worried about you. Radiance you always check in with me and now it’s become noticeable that you haven’t been calling me and I am just worried because it’s not like you.” “Mommy I love you and I am truly sorry I know that you love me and was just worried but I trust me I am fine, and never again will I forget to call you okay I promise.” Radiance meant that. After she and her mom had that conversation she never forgot to check in with her mom again. That was until the night she went out with Christian to a party she had given her mom the address of where the party was located and whose house the party was at. Now Baby are you sure you want to go to this party yes mom I will be fine now here is a note that includes the girl name and the address of where the party is. The girl what is her name Danielle mom Danielle baby who is Danielle. She’s a close friend of Christian’ s. “Wait a minute, Radiance so you don’t even know who she is? Of course I’ve met her mom she nice and she 22 she has her own apartment and attends college. I’ll be fine, trust me.” “You make sure you call me the second you get there and tell me if you want me to come and get you”. “Okay mom”. It had turned 12:00 and still there was no sign of Radiance calling. So Mrs. Hayes decided to go around to the party. There was no one there, she began to panic and called Christian. “Christian where are you” I am at home sleep in my bed. “Where in the hell is my daughter I don’t know I didn’t hang out with her tonight what do you mean she said she was going to a party with some friends of your and that you were going to meet her

up there.” “I have no idea what you are talking about. I mean we talked about going but she said you wouldn’t go for it so I left it at that.” She hung up the phone and called Danielle, “Hi Danielle where is Radiance, she left with Christian Mrs. Hayes.” “I just called him and he said that he didn’t attend the party. So where is she?” “I don’t know last time I checked she told me that she was leaving and I assumed it was with Christian. You were to look after her.” Radiance was missing her mom began to panic and fear that something had happen to her. She filed a missing person case and waited patiently to hear from somebody any information leading on the discovery of Radiance. A week later Danielle had told Mrs. Hayes that Christian had her hostage and that if she was to tell than he would kill her. Christian was sent to prison. The whole time he had nothing to do with it. It was all Danielle’s doing. She later confessed the whole thing that it was a joke and she never meant to hurt anyone but things got to complicating. Radiance was in a storage area tied up when they found her. She had no idea what was going on and what had happen to her. All she knew was that she was happy see her mom. Radiance never went out again, and her mom never let her out her sight.