Love Never Fails

Thomas - Baldwin, Illinois
Themes: love

Hatred, jealousy, lust, anger, maliciousness, and greed. Every one of these emotions is powerful and can make people do things they never thought they would do. They drive one to obsession and even insanity. But the power of one emotion is stronger than all these others combined. In its purest form, it can look past any fault of another. It can teach one to forgive and, yes, even forget. That one simple feeling, that makes it’s powerful voice heard in the quietest ways, is love.

The one thing that every person on this planet is looking for is love; that pure, unadulterated love. Not one that is based on a physical attraction, or on the lust for money and power, but one that delves deeper into one’s personality, their own likes and dislikes. We all strive in searching for that one person who we believe will make our lives complete. But can I suggest that maybe instead of always searching for that perfect one, perhaps we should try to focus on being that perfect one.

How can we be that perfect one? How do I learn to love in it’s purest form? The answer is so much simpler than one would think. Learn to love yourself. This is one of the hardest things to do. To truly love yourself, you must first learn to look beyond your own faults. You know them better than anyone. You know those secret thoughts that plague you when you lay your head down at night. Things that make you ashamed to look into the mirror. But if you never learn to love through your own faults, how can you possibly believe that you can love someone else when you discover their faults? If you can learn to forgive yourself, and truly forgive and not just justify, you can forgive anyone.

Love can lead you to the best times of your life, but it can also lead you to your toughest. Think of the pain that comes when love isn’t returned. When you are pushed away from someone you truly care about. This is when you learn if you have a true love. If you can forgive the pain that the other person has put you through, and endure it, then it is real. And nothing is worth more than real love.

This I believe, that:

“Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8