Gerald - Aurora, Colorado
Themes: war

War is like a disease because once it starts it’s hard to stop it and it spreads everywhere. War causes sadness and tension that may be there for many years and will never fully die away. In these days one little thing can lead to a big war, countries will start arguing and fighting with one another. War is something that started a long time ago and it still goes on some wars are started because of stupid reasons. War can be settled by peace treaties, but there some wars that have to be fought like World War I and II.

America has been involved in every war I can think of most have been successful but other have been lost like Vietnam and maybe the Iraq-Iran war. The Iraq war was something that we shouldn’t been involved with because Iraq and Iran have been battling for years. We went there because we only wanted their oil which caused a lot of tension. The Vietnam War lasted from 1955-1973 which took away over 2 million lives with it of casualties. That’s a lot of lives in 18 years that’s why wars are so dangerous even if they have a reason.

I have friends whose parents have gone to Iraq; my friend said that he was always worried that their dad would not come back from Iraq. I value our troops because their always ready to engage and destroy the enemy, they save our life by fighting the enemy. War is something that will always be there it can’t just vanish in thin air. I don’t like war because its causes a lot of pain and tension that is not needed in these days of pain.

In this world today many countries have differences; some of them lead to a war and tensions over stupid reasons. The Iraqi war was started for a good reason, but it became a disaster after Suddam Hussein was captured. I value the bravery that our troops have and how they protect us but sometimes there’s no need for them. Our troops have been the ones that protected us since the beginning of the United States. We should all respect our troops by supporting veterans who are still injured by the wars they’ve fought.

That’s how war is like a disease and how it affects everyone within its range. I have seen the affects of war on TV but that doesn’t the whole truth about war. If you talk to people they will tell you what it feels like to be on the front lines. War is something that will never go away but we can stop unnecessary wars from happen. I believe war can be settled in unviolent ways like treaties.