FAITH. FLAWS. FRIENDSHIP.

Mathew - Red Bud, Illinois

Friendship is a confusing thing. You try and struggle and fight through all of the bad just to find the good in one person, or in my case two. Then as you get older the bond becomes stronger and stronger until it is almost like having family. It’s like the complete strangers you met eleven years ago have become so close to you that you pretty much know what they are always thinking. Friend ship is not always perfect, but it is a wonderful gift to have.

In every friend there are always a few flaws, but those are usually so minuscule and insignificant that you don’t every really notice them. Things like stretching the truth, acting like a bad ass when they know they aren’t, and always having terrible ideas no matter how much fun they are. All of those little frazzles always seem t stay at the end of a friend cord, until the cord gets tested. That’s when those minor frazzles can be come huge caverns. You reevaluate the situation, and really find if they are a true friend, or just a person you got along with very well. If you take the time to think about all of your closest friends right now, I would want you to think of the little things they do that upset you, and then truthfully ask yourself if they are a friend, or just a companion. A person to keep you company until another better one comes along.

As far as my friends go I have evaluated, and decided. We are all truthfully friends. Yes Tyler can get a little loud, and yes Allie can get a little controlling, and yes Kadie can get a bit moody. But I love them all to death anyways. I know that if they ever need my help they would call me, and I know I could always call them. I can’t imagine all of us being broken up after this summer. We all head off to different colleges, and there won’t be anymore of the fabulous four. Now everyone tells me that once you get to college, you get new friends, and they are closer friends than you ever had in high school. Well I can’t imagine how that’s possible, but I can’t wait to find out. I hope I make three hundred more friends just like the ones I have now, but I know on those home sick nights, and the lonely lunches. I can always call on them to get a little bit cheered up. That’s how I know they are true friends. That’s how I know I will always keep in touch, and that’s how I know I will never loose sight of what is truthfully important in my life. My FRIENDS.