Never Lose Sight of What You Want

Amanda - Prairie du Rocher, Illinois

One day I was sitting in class when I got called into the principal’s office one day at school. He instantly made me sit down and try and tried to make me understand what was going to happen to me if I didn’t get my act together, but I just wouldn’t listen, because he pulled me into the office many times before this one. I knew exactly what he was going to say to me when he called me into the office. I don’t know why it was such a surprise to me. I guess I didn’t know that I was slacking off that bad, but I was also going through a hard time that year.

I never knew how much my slacking off would affect the way I felt about myself. It became the end of the year, and I was trying my hardest. It came down to the last test, if I passed I would move on, but if I failed I was done for. When it came time to take the test, I just froze. I was so scared about failing. As I took the test I hoped and prayed for at least a D to pass. Turns out that I didn’t pass the test but I was really close to passing.

So therefore I believe that you should never lose sight of what is really important to you. I lost sight of my education, and had to start over, but sometimes it’s easier to start over. I know wish I could do it all over and get it right. Everyday I seem to ask myself what would have happened if I would have passed that test. Would I still be slacking off? Thinking that I can get by at the last moment. The answer to that is no, I would not have learned my lesson at all. I am actually kind of glad that I didn’t pass, it made me realize what is important in life, and the conquesenses of my actions towards school.