The L-Bomb

Eric - 62278, Illinois
Themes: love

It’s easy to say, but hard to mean. Some people can say it with out thinking what it really means. It’s a strong word that should only be said if it is truly meant, but it’s should say it all the time if it is not really meant. If the words are too heavy at least show it. Love. This I believe.

Seven months, two weeks, and three days after entering the hospital, my grandma was home again. She had been home for a few weeks but still on the road to recovery. I was working on homework that night in between long conversations with her. We talked about my dad making wrong choices with alcohol and a solution to the problem. Her best response was that I should tell him that I love him and don’t want to see him hurt himself or our family. By this time it was getting late so I told her I was leaving. Her last words were I love you. I quickly responded like any typical teenager “Love you too.”

As I walked out the door into the garage, I saw my grandpa smoking his last cigarette of the night. I walked out into the frigid air as he told me to be careful. I told him I would then he said he loved me. I told him I loved him too.

It wasn’t until I got home that I thought to write this story about love. Love is the most powerful word in the English language. I have said it many times with out meaning truly meaning it; most of the times I say it in a reflex to someone else saying it first. Love is a loaded gun that can save or end lives in a heartbeat.

Love can be expressed in other ways than words. A long walk on the beach, picking a wild flower for no reason at all, watching a sunset, stopping in the middle of the road to dance to a slow song just because, a midnight phone call even though you know he/she is sleeping, cuddling while watching a movie, taking her to a restaurant and pull her chair out for her, say just the right thing with out using the four letter bomb. All of these are ways to show your love for someone without telling them directly.

This I believe, love I believe. I love my family, I love my friends. I love my life, most of the time. Love has come, love has gone. Love will come again. Love will be lost, love found. Love is life, love your life. Love love. This I believe.