Everyone is Equal

Dominic - Rapid City, South Dakota
Themes: equality

“I once had a dream.” Was once said by Martin Luther King Jr. He believed that everyone should be treated fair in an unfair world. There are many things that people will believe in, but I believe everyone is created and should be treated equal. There are many things that I believe in other then this but I really strongly believe in this.

Everyone is equal in God’s eyes and I think that is the way that it should be for everyone. There are so many people out there that are not being treated the way they should be treated, people make fun of the Jews, some people are racist towards opposite races and it is not right, because if you were in there shoes you wouldn’t like what people were saying about you. I once as well made fun of the Jews.

I was in my 7th grade religion class and we had a sub that day. And my friends and I were messing around. And that was when our word was Jew, so whenever someone would make someone mad or something we would call them a Jew. Thanks to this sub whose name was Mrs. Hunsaker I no longer call people Jews to make fun of them or for any reason at all. She told me that every one is the same no mater race or religion. God creates everyone equal. And that’s the way people should treat others.

She told me about when she went to Disney world. She said, “My son had to go to the bathroom and so my husband and I took him there. When we got there a Japanese Male walked out of the “Men’s” room and my 5 year old said, “hey mom there is a stupid Jap.” She had her eyes opened then. And she now helps students like me to open ours, for when we are not treating people that believe something different like they are not equal.

Mrs. Hunsaker is a true inspiration to me. She helped me find what I believe in. She is a true hero. All because of her I now stand up for people who believe differently than I do, or I will not despise of people of another race. I believe everyone is equal in this world, but not always treated that way. So thank you Mrs. Hunsaker for helping me find what I believe in.