I believe in Living Life to Its Fullest

Hang - Wichita, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem, death

If there is one thing that I have learned in my twenty years of living that is life is very precious and we can not afford to waste it. At a young age I have experienced the pain of losing the people that I love or know. At that time I still don’t understand what it is meant that a person is death. All I know is I will not see that person again which is one thing that bothers me the most.

My best friend in Kindergarten died from a car accident when she ran out in the street alone. At least I considered her my friend because she never really liked me, and always bullied me with her other friends. With no questions asked, her death have made a great impact on me. Just the feeling that she no longer exist in this world tears me up tremendously. Nowadays, I still wonder what this world will be like if she is still here. Would we still be “friend” or enemy? Her life was so short that I feel a sense of regret for her. What would she do differently if she knew that she will die on that day? The point is she will never know; no one know when is their last day to live. Life is short so we should live it to its fullest.

I lost two friends during my high school years. One died from slipping in the restroom and hits her head causing internal bleeding and she died in the hospital. Another died from hanging himself in the garage. These two friends are different on the fact that one have the option to live but choose not to, and the other have no choice but to accept what fate bring. I can never get use to dealing with death no matter how many times I experienced it. It is always new to me. I still don’t know how to react, how to deal with death, or how to console the families on the matter. Nothing that I say or do will cover up that big hole in their heart. These two people died at such a young age; the age of transition to the next phase of their life. They will never be able to know what life have in store for them if they still live. Death is unpredictable so we should live life to its fullest.

Now every time I open my eyes in the morning, I feel fortunate and happy that I am still living. I tell myself that I am living for those that don’t have a chance to be part of this beautiful world. To do things that they can’t do, to eat foods that they have not tried, to go places that they have not been to, to go on the highest mountain, and to dives in the world deepest ocean. I want to live my life to its fullest.