I Believe in College

Devon - 80013, Colorado

I believe in college. Having the opportunity to attend Aurora Frontier has really inspired me to go to college. Not only that the teachers had believed in me to accomplish, and achieve, not only in education, but in life. Although I’m not positive on how to spend the rest of my life, but I do know that college can open up numerous doors and Aurora Frontier was the reason for that.

Before entering my third and last year of Aurora Frontier, I

had never been so nervous to enter a new grade. That’s until I had realized I was going to be an eight grader. The year before that I had a hard time struggling to keep my grades up in most of my classes. Also to even understand what my teachers were teaching. All of the information went though one ear and out the other. When eight grade came my eyes opened up to a hole new perspective, and I truly saw that I was, indeed an highly educated student, and I thank my eight grade teachers. I finally could say “Yes I can.”

For the past several months I’ve pass by the wall of fame feeding the urge on what it was I needed to accomplish, so my picture could also hang on the wall of fame. Even though to many others it is just a picture, and a few simple words, but to me it was a sense of accomplishment. When I was chosen to be on the wall of fame, not once, but twice my mouth had dropped and, I couldn’t believe it. I had to read closely to what my teachers had to say, and boy did it my eyes sparkled, and my heart glowed. I saw that not only did my teachers see me as a wonderful student, but an athletic, a role model, and a bright young lady.

Up until then I had been making enormous amount of progress. Even my mom saw how well I was doing, and that made both of us very proud. I had realized that I have more to offer than I had thought. All though I did see myself as a confident, self driven, well spoken person, but I never knew it shined though, and I am very proud of myself for that.

In this life long journey of mine, my teachers have helped to see that I can accomplish, and achieve, not only in education, but in life. College has always been an expectation of my teachers, and I now know that college is my dream, my passion, and my goal.