This I believe

Jordan - Eagle, Idaho

Growing up there were very many things I was interested in, ice skating, swimming out in the back in the family pool, meeting new people, going to church, playing with my friends and of course the constant thought about when I would next taste the sweet cream filling of a hostess Twinkie. But growing up, I was always more interested in the beautiful game of basketball more than anything else. Basketball was the one thing that topped everything else. It filled the majority of the thoughts that entered my mind, not to be competed with until the time when girls entered my life, but that is a whole different story. All I wanted to do all day was simply play basketball, shoot, practice free throws, ball handling and all the different aspects that go into becoming a great player. Well, when I was younger and still to this day I had a dream. A dream that is not to say far fetched but rather one that has to be worked extremely hard for in order to be achieved. I didn’t want to be just a good or even a great player, but yet a phenomenal one. I wanted to get a full ride scholarship to a division one college.

All that I’ve worked for came down to one week last summer. Me and my team that consisted of some of the best basketball players from around the state of Idaho and a little bit of Utah were going down to one of the biggest tournaments in the country in Las Vegas, Nevada. We were all pretty nervous to be playing some of the best teams in the nation, and yet all so excited to be playing at a level such as this.