Family & Laughter

Cassandra - Baldwin, Illinois

Everyone in life experiences a tragedy that seems hard to bounce back from. And yes there are those who take years to get over an accident or death of someone close, but have you ever looked at those who go through a shock and look the same as they did before or even show just the slightest bit of change? These are the people who have learned to laugh again.

Last year was a rough year for me and my family. We had two deaths in the family, a teenage pregnancy, and a business being closed down. I experienced all this plus the loss of two of my best friends, and was tore apart from the one person I thought would be around forever. Even though they may not have experienced what I did, they had they’re own challenges awaiting them, but we worked it out together. No matter how hard life felt or how much we wanted to give up, we didn’t. My family would sit around together and talk and eventually our humor came back. We learned to help each other and to laugh it off.

My family taught me how to survive even the worst experiences possible. We’ve gotten through everything together. They were also the ones who taught me the power of a laugh. My family is very comical. We love to pick fights with each other and to just let loose and have fun. This type of relationship helps a lot in life. You learn to laugh things off instead of letting it get the best of you.

This I believe, because I have to believe, because I want to believe that the power of our families and laughter will help anyone through anything. These together can help you through the roughest patches in life. Your family may seem like just a group of people you have to deal with, but they’re so much more than that. And as for laughter, you have to let yourself forget all the bad things. When you learn to laugh again, or let other people try to make you laugh, then you’re on your way to recovery.