Sarah - Eagle, Idaho

I Believe Essay

One thing I have come to realize and never forgotten when I’m upset or something happens that I don’t agree with, is that everything happens for a reason. Some people believe this and some people don’t, I am one who strongly believes in it.

This gets proved to me everyday, either in a big or little way. At the end of the day I always know that everything has happened for some reason, whether the reason affects you for only day or for the rest of your life. One example of this is happened to me two years ago, when I was signing up for my classes. I didn’t want to take Spanish 1-2 my freshman year. I wanted to get other credits out of the way, and take Spanish a later year. My dad on the other hand, didn’t agree with that bright idea of mine and made me sign up for Spanish. I was hoping all the classes would be full, so I would get my way, but sure enough, when I got my schedule there it was 6th period, Spanish 1-2. My whole schedule was perfect except that one class, I was so mad. The last week of summer I would complain to my mom about how I didn’t want to take it and the only reason it was on my schedule was because I didn’t want it to.

The first day of school I walked in to my “horrible class” and saw a “cute boy”, I then decided that was my favorite class. Then I thought maybe the reasoning for me being in Spanish was so I could sit and stare at him all period. A few days into the class we were learning the months. We had to stand up on the month of our birthday. I was watching him and we were all the way to October and he hadn’t stood up. What if his birthdays by mine?! I thought to myself. Then I realized we were the only people standing on December. Oh my gosh, our birthdays are in the same month! And that started our first real conversation.

I found out a few months into our relationship that he was in Spanish simply because he was too lazy to take it freshman year, and didn’t have room for it sophomore year. It’s been over two and a half years since the first day I walked into Spanish and saw this “cute boy”. He was my first serious relationship and my high school sweetheart. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about him or the lessons he’s taught me. He’ll always be in my heart and I’ll always wish the best for him. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and I do believe that we were put in that class together to meet each other, experience and learn all the things we did.