Live your life to the Fullest

Sarah - Red Bud, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

Every day I spend every moment, doing activities that I want to accomplish before I die. Every moment of everyday is spent communicating with people I’ve never talked to before to find out who they are. My life will go on for years to come, but day by day, my life gets shorter, too. My mother has shown me that life can not only be shortened, but ended, by one little wrong move, so I spend my time wisely.

In August of 2001, my mother had a heart attack. I was spending the night at a friend’s house when I received a phone call from my Aunt June. She told me that my mom had a heart attack and was at Red Bud Hospital and that she would then be transferred to another. When my mom was in the ICU at Barnes Jewish Hospital, that’s when it came to me about how short life really is. The night before her heart attack would have been the last time I would have talked to her. She would have been taken away from me at the age of 11. That day, in the ICU was the first time I’ve ever seen my mom with a tube down her throat and wires hooked to her everywhere; she looked like she was dead. Every day I take the time to hang out with my friends. I try to read a book every week to keep up with Cassy. I’ve never have been able to read a book in a week like Cassy can, it always takes me at least a month. I want to be able to read all the books I want to read, before my time is up. Time shouldn’t be wasted; there’s not that enough of it. My dogs are a big part of my life. They keep me company when I am down and sleep with me at night. Isabelle is my Laso Apso. Every night she sleeps with me. She keeps me warm at night and keeps the bed bugs out. Grace, my Laso Pu, on the other hand is there when I’m upset about a problem; when I cry over an argument that my mom and I had, Gracie is right next to me helping me feel better. I like to spend time with them for a decent amount of time each day, but there’s not enough.

Life is short. Time is short. Memories are long lasting until I become old and get Alzheimer’s, and then my memories will be gone. This I believe, because I dare to believe, because I need to believe that life is short; so you should live your life to the fullest every day. Each and every day I should live my life as it is my last. I need to set goals and complete them in a short amount of time. Days go by like it’s the last day that I will ever live.