A Day at Gymnastics

Holly - Rapid City, South Dakota

A lot of thing in my life have helped me keep going. I believe in a world of cheerios you should be a fruit loop. One story in particular made me think of this philosophy.

My story to support my philosophy is that I went to gymnastics as usual and it was a really stormy day out so everyone was saying that this is such a bad day but I came down the stairs smiling and they looked at me like I was crazy. After that my coach came up to me and said that she loved my attitude so try to let that great attitude to help the other girls who are having a bad day.

We went to bars and there where just glaring at me to ruin my practice. It was an accident waiting to happen but I still was smiling. I fell so many times but I don’t know why I was still smiling. Then a couple people started to cheer and become like the fans shouting Rudy Rudy Rudy. Some people still weren’t cheering. I have to work as hard as ants finding food.

After a while the good feeling went away but I got it back so I started to cheer. While I was going one girl named Anika started to cheer for me it helped me and I didn’t fall. Finally bars were over and my favorite event was next, floor.

But before floor we had break to have our snacks and talk. I wanted to know why everyone was so glum. So they told me it was the weather. I said don’t blame the weather pretend it is a nice and sunny day and you can’t go outside unless you are happy and cheering for everyone.

W all came downstairs laughing and ready to have a great floor practice we all where yelling and clapping. We where we to the floor music like us where at a school dance. We all got our assignment done early and got to work new things. Such as my friend Kati got her full on floor and I landed my full punch front. It was a great end to practice and after my coach came up to me and said thank you. After that I went home and I thought about how I really did change the practice. I decided that will do it more often because it felt really good to help make the practice better.