I believe in competition

David - Rochester, New York
Themes: sports

I believe in competition in sports. Playing sports against others teams is a great way to stay in shape, relieve stress and compare your talents to other teams. I believe without competition everyone would have too much pent up anger and would start fight each other. Staying in shape is so important for kids now because the obesity levels in children are higher now than ever before. New video games and television shows tantalize kids to sit on the couch and do nothing. Instead of running on a treadmill looking at a wall you can play a sport, have fun and exercise. And seeing your rival on the other side of the field just motivates you to run harder and pursue him.

Through playing sports one alleviates stress accumulated throughout the week. By doing everything required in a sport you can relieve all of the stress you have. For me there is nothing better than waking up on a Saturday morning, going on to the field and playing a lacrosse game in the sun with all of my friends. You don’t need to worry about school, or work or anything. The only concern you have on the field is trying to put the ball in the net so you can walk off the field victorious.

The whole week you have practice so you can better yourself for your game you have at the end of the week. I try my hardest at practice to get better so when we have a game we can win. If we didn’t have any competition there would be no motivation to better myself and that would make sports pointless. Competition is the tool that drives athletes to be the best. I don’t want to go on the field and get destroyed by Aquinas, so in practice I do everything I can to make sure that doesn’t happen.