Our Talents

Peter - Rapid City, South Dakota

We all have a special talent; just some of us are still deciding what that talent is. My special belief is that we are all here to make a difference, and that even the smallest person can make a huge difference in the world. There is always a certain moment when your perspective on life changes totally.

Many times during the day I think if someone famous was never there what would the world be like? Many people such as Martin Luther king Jr., Mother Theresa, George Washington and many more have significantly changed the world in many amazing ways, weather stopping persecution, giving people freedom and just trying to use their talents to benefit others.

When I was just a kid my mom would see me not trying my best at something or slacking in school, she would tell me that we are all given special gifts by God and if you use that gift you can get anywhere and everyone will appreciate you “you could change the world.” You could be the next one to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, and you don’t even have to be fighter. She would tell me stories of little things that people would do to help others, and have been thought of as great contributors to history. She would tell me that whatever your talent is God has a plan for you, he has a plan for you to change history and to save or even inspire anyone, whether their a Tom Cruise or a refuge, it will still make a difference to them and hopefully they will do the same to others.

An example of someone who used their talents to get where they are today is Barrack Obama. Unlike many of our presidents of the United States, he came from just about nothing. His mom died when he was young, his loving grandparents take him. He used his gifts and studied very hard, being a young gun put it all on the line to help others; he got into Harvard because he applied himself. Now he is the top dog as opposed to living on the streets, which could have come much easier. This goes to show that if we use willpower as our swords, confidence as our shields and God as our strength we will make it.

These many examples are all proof that anyone can change the world. The next time voting season comes around and you say one vote won’t matter, your probably right one vote won’t matter, but if everyone thought that we wouldn’t have an election and it wouldn’t be fair. So take that extra step to do what you can, be who you are, use your talents to benefit others. We all have a special talent, and ounce we find out what it is we will know haw to use it.