God’s reasons.

Danielle - Rapid City, South Dakota
Themes: death

I have many things that get me through the day. I believe God has a reason for everything. On August 3rd, 2007, something shocking happened. My sister, some friends, and me all went to dinner and a movie.

During the movie, my sister got a phone call from our dad. She went outside of the theatre to talk to him. When she came back in, tears were filling her eyes, and I didn’t know what was going on. When I asked he, at first, it took her a while to be able to talk. She told me what happened.

Before I knew it, all a could see was my tears. My cousin, sitting behind me, asked me what was going on. Choked up, I told her that Becca and Tony had been in a car accident, Tony had died, and Becca was being rushed to the hospital. We had to get to the hospital.

Mary and I rushed out, and saw a ton of people we knew crying. There was a priest there, praying with everyone else. Becca hadn’t arrived to the hospital yet. When she finally did, they worked on her for hours. Family of hers came out, and they told us she was going to be okay. They told us they could fix what was wrong with her. I can’t even explain the relief I felt.

Later on, they came back out, tears filled there eyes. At that exact moment, I knew what they were about to tell us. It had felt like my heart had stopped. They told us that our Becca had died. It felt like God had given us hope, and pulled the rug out from under us. After that, I still believed, that God had taken her for a reason.

We saw the family, and tried to help them get through this hard time, losing two kids at once, as they had helped us, and the rest of Becca and Tony’s friends. Will had lost his only two siblings, and I can’t even imagine what he had felt.

We went to the wake, and they didn’t look like themselves at all. It hurt to see them like that. At that moment, I know that that wasn’t them anymore, and that they were both in a better place. God had taken them with him.

It was an extremely hard experience in my life. Although they’re gone now, they are with God, and everyone else in heaven. I still shed a tear for them every once in a while, because they were amazing friends to my family, and Becca like an older sister to me. I believe God had been with us that whole time, and he helped us get through it, and I know that he had helped me to grow in my faith with him.