This I Believe…

Shea - Rapid City, South Dakota
Themes: community

I believe that we are all created for a purpose and that if we work together we accomplish even the greatest task. That purpose in life is to do whatever God calls us to do or be. The greatest task of all is up to you and if you follow your heart you can decide. God is a big part of my life and I put everything that I have, my trust, love, heart and mind, and I give it to God so that the Lord will have an effect on how I can live my life. The decisions that I make in everyday life could affect me and those around me either for the better or for the worse. I take that chance. Everyone has to have a philosophy so that they know what advice that can keep them going when they are getting sad and depressed.

When we would package food to send over to families in the poverty and hunger stricken country of Honduras we would work together as a school and as a community to pack the food. It was very awesome to see us putting all of our needs aside and all of our wants and worries aside to that we can help those who are less fortunate in a country that is suffering vary greatly. I always felt that I could never make a difference since I am just one in 6 and a half billion people that live in the world. But in this way I could fine my calling and my way so that I can make a difference for every family that I pack food for, and what keeps me driving on is the thought of those kids out there that go hungry every night and the ones that are starving because they don’t have any food and are malnutrioned. We accomplished a great task that day and we worked together to reach that task. When I look at students at our school I believe that when they grow up they will become something great, so that they may make advances in the world to help us in everyday life. When we work together it makes us and those around us feel that we are a family and that we are one unit out to do well and to accomplish our great tasks.