I believe that the stars are the most beautiful things created.

Jennifer - Chesterfield, Missouri

I believe that the stars are the most beautiful and amazing of all of God’s creations. If you look up into the night’s sky in an open field, where there are no lights, you will see a vast amount of stars. The amount of stars is innumerable. Whenever I go on retreats at Rockyvine Retreat Center in Dutzow, Missouri, I always take the time to lay in the middle of the little road (with no cars driving on it) to be alone and look at the stars. It is unbelievable the amount and capacity of stars in the sky. When asked why she likes the stars in the sky, Mrs. Reid, a library assistant at Incarnate Word Academy said, “It’s kind of like a light show. It’s just cool to watch the shooting stars. I also have a lot of great memories watching them; it’s a reminder of the size of the universe. It’s a reminder as to how far beyond us the universe is” (Mrs. Reid). I believe that this is so true. God made us so small for a reason. He wants us to realize how much bigger the universe is than us. He has us all in the palm of his hand, and He can take care of all of us. This is something that I believe very strongly in. We are such a small, minute part of the entire universe, but some people think they are the only thing that matters. I believe that people who believe that need to go sit out under the stars and realize how small they truly are. They need to recognize the beauty of the universe that they are so blessed to be born into and recognize that they are such a small part of that huge universe.

There is one particular story about me laying out on that open road that I enjoy reminiscing about. One night, when I was laying out there, I saw six shooting stars in one sitting. This was within a fairly short amount of time. It had only been about an hour or so. But seeing six shooting stars in an hour is amazing! After that night, everything about the universe and God filled me with awe and wonder. I knew from then on that there was and is something bigger taking care of each and every one of us. That happened during my freshman year of high school, so the impact on my beliefs during my high school years was important. I also believe to this day, as I end my senior year of high school, that the same God that made those shooting stars shoot across the night sky in 2005 is still there helping our world and watching over me in 2009. Thank You. (466)