Live Your Life

Ryan - Greer, South Carolina

Has anyone ever told you that you couldn’t do something? Have they said that you are not capable or lack the talent to do that specific thing? Do not let anyone tell you what your abilities are and are not. Do not limit yourself on what you can accomplish. Anyone can achieve their dreams. This I believe.

Plenty of people have told me that I cannot do things that I have wanted to try. I believe that I can do anything I put my mind to. I have proven my philosophy many times and I have not stopped living by it. When people tell me I cannot do something I just try harder until I accomplish the goal I was striving to achieve. For example, I wanted to try and sing for battle of the bands at my school. I am not the best singer and probably never will be, but I still wanted to try. I was at my lunch table and I shared my idea with my friends. Not even half way through the conversation my friend interrupted me and said, “no you suck at singing.” I was devastated and frustrated but that did not stop me. Of course, I argued when he made that comment but that made no difference to him. He was not convinced. That day I started singing to my music in my car and I have been practicing ever since. Although my band did not play that day, I have never stopped singing. This experience only strengthened my determination. I pity the people who let everyone tell them what they can accomplish. I wish I could give them the strength and courage to try new things and reach for their dreams and goals. Everyone should experience and enjoy new things that they would like to try and should not be judged or hindered.

I relish striving for new goals and squeezing in every new experience I can into my life. That is the way I have chosen to live my life and it seems simple to me. I have no regrets whatsoever in anything I have attempted and I will continue to experience the most I can in my life.