Friendship

Mina - USA

I believe in Friendship.

Friendship is an extraordinary gift. They’re not materialized gifts, they’re gifts that come to life and provide joy and happiness when I need them. I have several friends that are near and dear to me in college. Whenever I’m dealing with a problem that I can’t speak to my family about, my friends are the ones that I can look to for comfort and support. They say that friends will come and go, but family will always be there. Yes, that’s true, but what happens if an unfortunate person doesn’t have a family they can go to because they’re all either dead or just too dysfunctional to even deal with? That’s when we can turn to our friends because there are some things I’d rather tell my friends than my family because I know they would be more understanding.

My friends aren’t only there for putting a smile on my face when I’m feeling blue, but also to create memories that can last a lifetime. There’s a saying that people can meet their life long friends in college. I’m almost done with my freshman year and I’m glad to say I think I’ve met mines.

A friendship that I hope to continue out of college is the one I made this year. It’s a friendship that surrounds four people, Megan, Claudia, Kelly and I. We call each other the “4-Pack.” Yeah I know, it’s quite corny, but we figured since were around each other practically every day that we needed a name. Sort of like the clique in Mean Girls, but dropping the “mean” part. Anyways we happened to be lucky enough to be in the same hall in our dorm. None of us met before, but we all clicked instantly the first week. We soon ate breakfast, lunch and dinner together everyday. All of us are always in my room constantly chatting away and playing music and just doing what girls do. When were around campus, people always say “one’s missing” probably because they know it’s odd that there isn’t the usual number of us out. Our friendship sounds like the typical teenage kind where all we do is laugh and gossip which is true, but I learned that our friendship goes beyond that stuff as well. For example, none of us leaves one another behind. If I’m at a party, then one of the girls are there to make sure nothing bad happens.

I’m excited for the upcoming fall semester because were all rooming together in the same residence hall again! We already made tons of plans. Were also going to be celebrating Kelly’s birthday as soon as we come back in late August because she’s the only odd ball out whose birthday isn’t in February. Our junior and senior years are planned out too, were getting a house until we finish school.

If it comes to a point that any of us needs emotional support, we will always be there for each other. I’m grateful that I have these friends because I know they will always be there for me when I need them. My friends are the greatest gift I got from college and I’m excited to create new memories in the years to come!