I Believe Secon Chances Make or Break Us

Patrick - Red Bud/62278, Illinois

People escape accidents everyday unscathed. It is my belief these people are given second chances by none other than God. My brother Michael and his friend were on a scavenger hunt that led them to the gas station outside of Red Bud. After retrieving the item, my brother’s friend pulled out onto the highway only to be struck by a motorcycle. Michael walked away relatively unscathed. If the driver would have hesitated to pull out another second, Michael might not be alive today. He was given a second chance by God.

Another friend of mine was pulling out onto the highway coming into Red Bud to start her day of work. A gargantuan FS truck was traveling to town. Not seeing the truck barreling down the highway, she went ahead with merging onto the highway. The driver of the FS truck saw that she was going to pull out in front of him and tried to slow the mammoth truck down, but he didn’t slow down enough. The truck t-boned my friends car and shoved it into the nearby field. She was rushed to the emergency room. There it was discovered that her injuries were fairly minor. A person wouldn’t have thought a person could survive a car crash that completely and utterly destroyed her car. God gave her a second chance.

People are given second chances everyday even if they don’t deserve it. It is up to those victims whether or not they make the most of the second chance. Some may revert back to their old ways and live life recklessly and foolishly, while others quickly change their ways and appreciate that their time on this earth is limited. Often people take their lives for granted and don’t appreciate how easily life can be taken away. The accidents that plague certain people are actually a valuable lesson to be learned. It is the second chance where people prove to God that they learned from their mistakes. These accidents are a tactic God uses in order to scare us into appreciating all that He has given us. I do not know what God plans for us. I can only theorize why he does the things he does. I know that I will try with my utmost ability to reform my ways if I ever stray too far from the course God set for me ever since the day I was born. That is why I believe second chances make or break us.