Live Life

Chloe - Rapid City, South Dakota
Themes: carpe diem

Life, a bubble, can pop or float away from you if you are not careful. I believe that people today are less caring of their lives as if it were a dirty old rag that didn’t have much use when really anything could happen to them in a heart beat. People don’t understand that time is valuable and precious. I have learned this in many ways.

Many people these days complain about how complicated life is. “I’m so stressed.” “I don’t want to.” “I don’t have the time.” It’s about time somebody said “yes!” to something because they want to do it because they can. Too many people take what they have for granted when they should be living life to the fullest for at any second life could be pulled out from under them like a rug.

This year has not been a very lucky year for some people. Towards the middle of the school year, a student, a teacher and a mom were all diagnosed with cancer. All of them were healthy active people who lived normal lives. Then they were hit with this disease that they weren’t expecting. This showed me that you can go from perfect to very sick in just a matter of months or even shorter. How I live my life ran through my mind many times just thinking about how that could happen to me.

My grandpa is somebody who I think is living his life to the fullest. For him, life is like a dog in the morning eagerly waiting to be given attention to every second. He is at a very old age and still working. He could retire but he chooses not to because he loves what he does and won’t stop until he physically can’t do it anymore. Watching him inspires me to be thankful for getting to live my life and not stop living it until I just can’t.

Life is something that I want to keep in my arms forever. It runs through my body as the blood in my veins does. Leaving this world is something that occasionally crosses my mind and it makes me think some day I will have to leave my family, friends and everything else. That is why I try to do everything possible to keep me happy because I know that at some point I will die and having regrets is not something I plan on. Life is a breakable vase that if you’re not careful with, it can drop to the floor and crash. That is why nobody should stop living it to the best they can until they can’t. As it says in Ephesians 5: 15-17 it says “Watch carefully then how you live, not as foolish persons but as wise, making the most of the opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not continue in ignorance, but try to understand what is the will of the Lord.”