Hard Work

Mark - Rapid City, South Dakota
Themes: integrity, work

With all the different people in the world, all of them have their own philosophy each one is influenced by something. My own philosophy is that hard work and honesty can almost always help you accomplish your goals no matter what they are.

I believe first of all hard work is necessary to do anything in your life whether its school, a job or just a fun activity that you enjoy. You can’t just stand around and do nothing and expect everything to be done for you or just turn out the way you want it to be. A person has to work at what they are doing to accomplish what their goal is; you have to be totally committed to what you are doing. Hard work always seemed to be the only fool proof way with no uncertainty about what you are doing and accomplish your goal.

Honesty is the other huge factor in my own philosophy it effects of what others think of you and if you can be trusted. Many people value trust more than anything else so they know if they ask a trusted person for help they know that person will come through with what they are doing. Honesty affects your whole life, if you apply for a job and the person knows you are a dishonest person there is no way you will be hired for that job. In some ways it is more important than hard work because even the most dishonest person can still be hard working honesty is what people look for in a person if have that you will go far in life.

One time about three or four years ago at my grandma’s cottage in Michigan I was asked to out he dock up while my parents and relatives were gone. I ignored this request of me and when they called me on the phone I had said I had done it already. This taught me three things one dishonesty gets you no