Forget the Past, Look Toward the Future

Brady - Rapid City, South Dakota

I believe in many things. I believe in God, hard work, and other different beliefs and ideas. One thing that I especially believe in is my philosophy which is to not dwell on any of the mistakes you make in the past and look toward the future with good hope. I think that this applies to a couple different situations in life. One of those situations would be in just plain old life. If you do something wrong then someone tends to just focus on that and not enjoy what is happening to that person at that exact moment. This could pertain to just everyday life.

I can remember many times in the past of this example. I will either get a bad grade, disobey my parents, or I remember one time when I was in eighth grade we were on a vacation and my three other siblings and I were playing basketball in the front of our house. My sister had somehow jammed her finger while we were playing. It was different than a regular jammed finger though because her finger was bent under the other one and she could not move it back. I felt guilty that it was me that did it. I was then not recognizing the things that were happening right in front of me and was in a bad mood for a couple days. I learned from this to not dwell on the past, but to pay attention to the future. I also follow this philosophy on the tennis court.

My coach always tells me to not dwell on any past shots or points, but to just think about the current point. I remember a tennis match a played in last summer in a tournament. I was down two to seven and we were going to eight. I had felt like David against Goliath. I know since I have been playing tennis for a little while though that anyone can comeback in a match. No matter how much you are down by. So I remembered this and came back to win the match although I did not win the tournament. I have learned from this experience to not dwell on any thing in the past and to focus on the present. I also realized that anyone can come back in a match. I think that everyone should focus on and try to follow my philosophy because it is something that will help you all throughout life.