The I believe essay for english.

Petra - Shawnee, Kansas

When we say “I believe” do we really mean it? When we tell God that we love him, does He even believe us? Do we believe in ourselves? Do we know what we are saying? Do we understand everything that we were taught? Why do some people not like our religion, and hate us? All of these questions go back to the point of this paragraph, “I believe”.

When we say I believe we are also saying I trust in you, or I love you, or I will stake my life on what you are saying if it is true. I believe in God. You say that you are telling God that you are staking your life on what he is teaching you, and you are believing it to be true. He gave His life for us, and we are asking ourselves if we believe in Him.

This is a matter of trust that we owe Him every single bit of trust that we have in ourselves to give to him. If I was in a very very hard time at the moment then I would pray, and pray, until God gives me an answer, and I would tell Him “I believe”, and then get on with my life.

St. Francis de Sales says: “The everlasting God has in his wisdom forseen from eternity the cross that he now presents to you as a gift from his inmost heart. This cross he now sends you he has considered with his all-knowing eyes, understood with his divine mind, tested with his wise justice, warmed with loving arms and weighed with his own hands to see that it be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for you. He has blessed it with his holy Name, anointed it with his grace, perfumed it with his consolation, taken one last glance at you and your courage, and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from God to you, an alms of the all merciful love of God.” I thin that that is a beautiful saying and that it just explains it all for me. To believe in him you must know him, love him,and most of all trust in him in all things present.