Hard work=Good rewards

David - Rapid City, South Dakota
Themes: work

I believe in hard work. It is hard work that made many rich and famous people who they are today. No one gets paid to just sit around and do nothing. I remember when my grades were like rocks just sitting at the bottom of the ocean. I both wanted and needed a change. I realized that my grades needed to be at least something that I was proud of. I guess that stalling and procrastinating to do my homework until the night before was not a good way to do homework. I noticed that my grades were all A’s about midway through the end of the quarter. I REALLY wanted it to stay that way. I tried to almost ace all of my test and complete my homework on time and do it correctly too. I studied like a mad scientist on the verge of making a medicine that would cure both cancer, and the common cold. I did well on tests, and I tried to be extra organized for each class that was coming up. Then, out of the blue, my science grade dropped to a B+. My stomach of steel turned to mush. I felt like all the work I had done was in vain. All that work. I talked to my friends the next day and for the first time, I realized that I was doing better than most of my friends. This was the first time that I did better than my friends that got really good grades. Normally, I would have been in the third place of grades. My grades were like birds, soaring above the white and fluffy clouds. Then, in my moment of joy, my friend suggested that I turn in some extra credit. I had completely forgotten about that, and it wasn’t to late to turn it in either. So I did that overnight and turned the extra credit in the next day. Little did I know that it had been misplaced and didn’t show up on my report card. I went in and talked to my teacher about it and she said that if she found them, she would put it on my final report card. An in two days she told me that one of the pieces of extra credit did not relate to science. That put me down until she showed me my final grade. A- was on the screen. I had finally gotten a 4.0 average for the first time in a long time. So, in the end, you only truly get rewarded for hard work, and giving it your all.