A reason for everything

Joy - Rapid City, South Dakota

“Every Cloud has a silver lining…” is a recognizable saying everyone knows, but how many of us can get the deeper meaning out of them? I believe everything happens for a reason. If Dr. Seuss hadn’t written all those rhymes, can you imagine how different this world be without children growing up with the cat and that hat? The choices we make everyday effect all of that, just like the sun effects the earth’s seasons, you can’t have one outcome without the other.

Another common saying is “We all learn from our mistakes.” This is true but it’s when we acknowledge that we are making mistakes, therefore learning, that we do in fact learn from them. Everyone has those silly mistakes that we make, without knowing the huge outcome and consequence it may bring. Some mistakes can be similar to pebbles creating a path. Though every pebble is a mistake each one makes the pathway stronger. Knowing this and having the attitude to realize what is happening really can make it all seem a lot less hopeless and a lot more like the way life is supposed to be. People’s attitudes have a large effect on how the reasoning from every decision comes about a lot similar to how the mindset of any athlete, if you don’t believe it, you won’t be able to do it.

People today are beginning to become more and more negative towards everything. Most just need to lighten up. Sure you’re going make mistakes, and probably a lot of them, but even though there may be a bad side or two to each one. The good usually will end up outweighing the bad in the end. One day I was in the car with my mom’s friend, and we were discussing the terrible loss of a neighbor, she pointed out to me that maybe the reason he was taken from his family and us was to give everyone a real kick back to reality, and maybe his family members hadn’t been very aware of how precious life is and perhaps the choices that the people that knew him will make in the future can be better because of his life. Talking about this was like an eye opener for me to see what things can change after a tragedy like death. I believe everything happens for a reason. The leaves fall off the trees like the timer dinging saying it’s time for snow, the caterpillars go into their cocoons to become beautiful butterflies to mystify the minds of everyone who sees them. Even the tiniest of ants effect the whole world just by there being alive and working in their little dirt hills. If nature can do that much to the world, think of how each of us could help effect others life to make it all better in the end. It’s as if we are all a single puzzle piece to this life, when one piece is missing, the puzzle never looks completely complete.