I Believe in Family

Kristjan - USA

My dad believes in putting other peoples needs before his own. Other peoples interest matter more to him. He believes in doing his best to get his family and friends what they need.

” Like father like son.” Most people hear this a lot. I know this isn’t true because I am nothing compared to my amazing father. Compared to him I am a horrible person. If i could grow up to be like him someday, that would be the greatest gift ever. It would be like God giving me the powers he has. When I broke my nose, my teeth, and cut up half of my face in 2nd grade, he lived 5 hours away. I had to have stitches in 3 spots and a nose cast and my teeth fixed. He drove all the way down from Denver, Colorado to come comfort me. He took me out to eat and he got me my medicine and he even drove me to school for that entire week I was disfigured. He bought me anything I wanted or needed and he took time out of his own life as a good father would do.

He worked in Spearfish at a bank a few years ago. He was the Manager of his team. Most teams in the bank kind of did their own thing and worked by themselves and had no help from their manager. My dad, however, like a good boss does, took the best interest of his team. He was used to being in a Management position. They had a contest every month to see which team would do the best. My dad was at that bank for two years. His team won every single month that he was there. He is a good boss, a great man, and the best father anyone could wish for.

My grandma believes in making the people around her happy. Even if it’s a complete stranger, She wants everyone to be friends and wants her family to be the best one in the world. She is very successful.

” A life has no effect unless it effects the life of others” This sums up my grandma pretty good. Two years ago on Easter she was hosting like she always does. This year the whole family would be at her home for the special occasion. She prepared the entire meal, including dessert by herself. she refused to have any help so everyone could take and have a good time. Afterwards she cleaned up and did the dishes so everyone could go on a walk. She took good care of everyone that was there and she always does the best thing she thinks is possible. She isn’t just the greatest grandma ever, she’s the greatest person that exists on the world.

My grandpa believes in putting his family first. He believes in going the extra effort to do what his family needs and wants.

” Family first” A lot of people probably here this in a lifetime. MY grandpas first instinct is Family. Every now and then my grandpa comes and picks me up and takes me to Wyoming. He takes me hunting, fishing, and traveling. One time it was my cousins birthday. He lived about 5 hours away from Kearney, Nebraska. He went out of his way to come and get me 2 hours away and that made the ride 9 hours. He always stopped and checked if I needed anything. He had t drive me all the way back to Rapid City and then to Newcastle, Wyoming. He is the greatest grandpa ever and he is definitely the best person you could depend on.