Witt - Rapid City, South Dakota

Many people have theories or philosophies of the right way everyone’s lives should be lived. I believe that people should not live life by preparing for something they think is going to happen, but instead they should prepare to be surprised for whatever comes up in their lives. If anyone thinks they know what is going to happen in the future, they better be ready to be surprised or else they are pretty lucky if it actually happens. Although I am young and have not really experienced much in this world, I think I can tell how we can get a good idea of what life is like.

I try to live to be the best I can be. Many stone-hearted people confuse these terms with having to be the best out of everyone around them instead of living up to the their own limit. Although, some talented people can be those types that are the best but they don’t know it. I believe that a situation like this is good because that means that those types of people are humble like the sea. The sea knows it could obliterate anything it pleases, but it doesn’t because the sea is smart and wouldn’t start pointless trouble among the world. This leads to the point that there are arrogant people out there who actually do those kinds of things. Those are the people that could be considered a conceited dictionary bullying others who are not as good as it. I believe that the humble people are the ones who know their true self. Many people don’t know their true self which can possibly lead to why some people can’t find the right job they want or their true spouse. I believe that before we can find something that we want, we must find ourselves. If we do not know ourselves we will not know what we are capable of and we won’t be able to set and accomplish goals. When some people look for their spouse, they can’t find them or they end up with the wrong person like the bird in the book of Are You My Mother? The bird doesn’t know who it’s mother is because it doesn’t know what it is. If we don’t know who we are, then we won’t know how to act like ourselves around the people we like. Some are monkey-crazy people and others are lion-brave people. Whoever it is that we meet in our lives, we must be sure that we know everything about one person no matter the circumstances, and that person is ourselves.