What is believing?

Katie - APO

This I believe……

I believe that it is much easier to know something than to actually believe it. For everything that some one believes there is someone out there refuting it with science. I’m not sure that I have lived enough to really believe something. I know what I know.

I know Mom’s are always supposed to love their children, but I also know that it doesn’t always happen. I know that education is important but it isn’t everything, sometimes a person needs street smarts. I know that even the most off the wall type of information can come in handy later in life. I know that no matter how hard you think you are trying, there is always someone trying harder. I know that for every failure at one thing may hold the key to success at another. If finding a belief and believing it is supposed to be easy, I haven’t figured it out.

Believing in something with every part of your mind and body is getting harder and harder. A person can believe that they will win the lottery and spend their money on tickets, that doesn’t mean that they will ever win. Saying you believe in something and really believing are two different things. Belief is absolute. Is anything absolute? Death is, but that isn’t very fun to believe in, in fact you are never far from thinking about it. This being said, what then, do I believe?

I believe that there is nothing better for a child than a good book and a warm lap. That seems right, kids need their parents to love them and take care of them, a book is a good way to communicate to your children that you can both appreciate. Spending time with your kids is the best way to support them and make them feel loved. There is nothing better than finding you have extra time on your hands to give to your kids. My kids are my contribution to the world and I believe that they will be contributions that are positive. Falling behind on housework is of no importance when my kids need me. My kids are a manifestation of myself propelled into the future. What do I believe that they will become.

If they are lucky, they will be happy and healthy. They will be able to support themselves and their families if they choose to have them. They will find the time to look at everyday things with a child’s eye, even as adults. They will be able to have fun at the playground with or without kids when they are 30 years old. They won’t ever be ashamed to say that they love their sister, or cousins, or grandparents or parents. Most importantly, they won’t ever let anyone tell them that they aren’t worth believing in.