Doing the Right Thing

Clay - Rapid City, South Dakota

Most people have something to believe in, it is what keeps most people going. When people believe in something it not only gives people hope but it strengthens peoples souls. It gives many people the drive to do well in life. It makes many people go the extra mile, make the hard goal and to always be the best they can be.

When I play tennis, I believe I should always go the extra little bit, almost to be better than I am. I am always a good sport, I shake my opponents hand at the end of the match and say “Good job dude” or something similar to that. I have been and always will be a subtle winner and loser. I never get mad, I am always smiling, and I never throw my racquet at the end of a rotten shot, or a game or anything like that. I play the best I can, I believe slow and steady wins the race while playing sports, excluding track though.

I always do the best I can in all I do. When I am mowing the lawn for the first time in the spring, it is like cutting down a rain forest. I can almost hear the grass calling out to me “Mow me”. I don’t necessarily like mowing the lawn but hey, who does? I mow anyway. It helps my parents out because ever since that evil Stimulus Package my parents have been extremely busy at work and don’t have time to do the odd chores around the house. To make them happy when they get home from work I make sure the house is clean so they are happy and can rest. I have always believed a clean house is a happy house, because if I clean, every one is happy. A couple of times I cleaned my neighbors house to make them happy and of course, they were.

I believe it is a good thing to believe in God because he made everyone and everything. Almost like a great athlete believing in wining the golden cup. Personally I enjoy going to mass, I know other people my age probably think I am crazy for saying that, but it is true. I have always loved mass. I am part of the youth group at my church, we have the best priest in the business, just ask St. Therese of the Little Flower Church. I am always surrounded by those who enjoy my company. I believe in having great friends. For instance my two best friends Ali and Brady, I can talk to them about anything really, without being judged. Good friends, like the two really good ones I have, are really hard to find in this corrupt world, but I was lucky that God made them my friends. I believe we should thank God for everything and everyone because He is the almighty creator that made them for us, I believe that He loves us all and that we should love Him just as much.