Everything Happens for a Reason

Paige - Commerce Twp., Michigan

Everything Happens for a Reason

I don’t believe there is such a thing as luck. What I do believe, though, is that everything happens for a reason. As Marilyn Monroe said: People change so that you learn to let go, things go wrong so you learn to appreciate them when they’re right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself…and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. And, there are times when it feels like you’re truly falling. It’s as if your whole world is falling to its end. You can see the ground inching closer with every breath you take, but suddenly things change. In your heart you’ve realized something about yourself that you never knew. You have found strength and potential inside that wasn’t visible before. It might have taken you many struggles to get to this point, but now you know that it all was worth it. You always have to have hope because nothing is ever put into our lives that cannot be overcome. Injuries, love, stupid mistakes, and memories are here to test who we are.

The hardest things that come in life will teach us the greatest lessons. The different paths we take all make us unique. Doors open up in front of us, not for us to worry about what’s waiting on the other side, or if we will make it through, but for us to find yet another piece of who we will become.

Life is about creating yourself, and we can’t always do that on our own. We are going to need help. People come into our lives and then, eventually, leave again. The people who grow close to us will be able to help us in our journey through life. And, the ones that really matter will teach you many lessons.

However, I believe that no matter how good a friend is, they will hurt you once in a while, but we need to be able to forgive. Let go of the hurt or anger and forgive, because even that happened for some reason, not matter how vague or small.

Everybody’s potential in life is different. Because I believe everything happens for a reason, I know we all have our own reason that we have to seek out in life. The reason will not come easily to us, but by searching for it we will learn. Sometimes, it can take a whole lifetime to find your reason, but in the end, all the hard times life put you through will have each taught you something to make you a better person.

Believing all things happen for some reason is just like Newton’s Third Law of Motion: For every action, there is and equal and opposite reaction. So, our lives go on and through the events that come along, we will react. When a coincidence occurs it really is just a reason. Our reactions will affect all things ahead of us and change who we are. We shouldn’t spend our time worrying about what might come, what is coming will make its way here in its own time, with all of its opportunities and lessons.

So, never take a second of your life for granted, appreciate every moment you have. Take everything you possibly can from experiences, and hold on tight to your memories because they are part of who you are, and everything you remember happened for a reason. Don’t let fear of what will happen stop you. Go out and do things that you never have before. Live as if you have nothing to loose, and believe in everything you do. Let yourself fall in love. Break out and go a little crazy sometimes. Live your life with no regrets, for they will only hold you back. And, meet tomorrow with a smile. Everything happens for a reason, so there is nothing to fear. There is purpose in the smallest and the biggest, the best and the worst, the highs and the lows, in solitude and in the midst of a huge crowd. Whether you find it or not is up to you. It is there if you search for it, it puts reason to life and lets you hold on to a little sanity. It truly explains every situation and brightens the day once you accept that everything happens for a reason. It really is that simple and this I believe.