Keep Trying And Don’t Give Up

Susan - Wichita, Kansas

I believe, when you keep trying and don’t give up, everything is possible. When my husband and I decided to have children, we endeared lots of obstacles. We were faced with miscarriage after miscarriage. There were times it seemed impossible to become pregnant. Then when I would finally get pregnant and we were overwhelmed with joy, we would be struck with yet another miscarriage. I had ultimately decided that I was finished. It was just to much stress and sadness for one to take. I told my husband I didn’t want to try anymore and I was done. We stopped trying and completely stopped thinking about having children. But what if we gave it one more try? A few weeks later, I found out I was pregnant and all I could do was cry. I just knew that it would’t be long, and I would again be suffering a miscarriage.

Something amazing happened even though I was ready to give up. We were blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Holding her in my arms the first time made me realize that no matter how bad the times we went through were, this blessed little child was worth every minute of it. She taught me that no matter how hard life can get, you just have to keep trying, keep going and eventually you will succeed.

We now have three beautiful daughters. We had struggles to get each one of them, and today I would not change a thing. This experience has made me tough and a bit wiser. Because we kept trying, kept hanging on and kept our eyes on our goal, we achieved it. Through all of our struggles and pain, I have gained joy and strength. I would do every minute of it again because in the end I have received three wonderful girls and have become a much stronger person. All of the pain, suffering, heart ache, and distress has been turned into delight, bliss, love and triumph, all because we continued to try for children even when things got tough and we wanted to give up.

I believe that in anything you do, you have to keep trying. It may seem easier to give up and forget about it, but in the end you will always wonder, what could have been.