Hunting is my home

Tyler - Red Bud, Illinois
Themes: nature

I believe that children need to learn the importance of the woods, and how it can be the place of perfect sense. The woods is the most peaceful place in a hunters mind. There is just something about being in the woods that puts you in your own world. All the stresses of everyday life somehow disappear once you step into the woods. You are surrounded by nature, wildlife, companions, and most of all your inner self.

When in the woods you don’t have to put a show on or act like someone who your not. You can be who you are and not have to worry about anything. Whatever is on your mind that is bothering you somehow slips away when your in you own little world. From watching birds fly over, squirrels jumping from branch to branch, deer getting drinks from the creek, and the sound of your father shooting in the distance. All of this takes away all of the stress and worry.

Having the experiences that go along with being with your father in the woods are priceless. The weekend trips that are taken to get out of this ordinary world, to have father son bonding while in the woods enjoying mother nature. This is the only medication that can ever fix anything in my opinion. Being with my father in the woods from day break until sunset gives us lots of time to spend together. We have been doing this since I can remember trying to fit into his big coveralls.

Over the years our bonding has grown distant due to the fact that I’ve grown older and hunt by myself. Now our interactions are when we track a deer, or meet up to drag the animal we harvested. This will always be a memory for me. This is where I learned the importance of father son bonding. Im very thankful my dad took me out into the woods when I was little.

There is so much a young child can learn from being out in the woods. They learn how animals interact, weather changes, and the importance of keeping good sportsmen ship and learning to respect the land that we are very grateful to have.

When I have a son of my own, I will show him the way my father has shown me. We will make a special bond like I have with my father that nobody can ever break or take away. There is so much that can be said about the woods. This is what I consider home. The woods is what I believe.