I Believe

Cole - Desoto, Kansas

“Because you have seen me you have believed;Blessed are those who have not seen me yet have believed,” John 20:29. I had always believed in God and knew he was real, but I never had once experienced him inside me. Being able to realize that He was actually trying to take away the agony or fear I had inside my eyes. The night I went to take one of the biggest breaths I’ve ever taken, I realizing I was breathing in God Himself; that was a moment that changed my life forever.

On a warm summer night in two thousand and eight, I came across a very scary and tough situation. I was with my friends at a party late one evening. There were many illegal beverages and narcotics that were being used at the time we arrived. When I was asked to “take a hit” from a rolled up piece of paper with Marijuana inside, I suddenly started to freak. My answer to them was, “sure hold on, I’ll be right back.” Walking down the street I started to pray for what might be the first time I had actually talked to God seriously. I was on my way back to maybe try my first illegal drug ever, when I felt a vibration in my pocket. Suddenly I stopped trying to remove my cell phone from the front pocket of my jeans. Once I finally managed to retrieve the phone, I quickly answered the call from my best friend Drew. He went on to telling me that he knew I was at this party and didn’t approve at all. Being a 15 year old without a license, we both knew there was no way he could come get me. When all of a sudden he received a text from his mom saying, “Please run to the store and get a gallon of milk and cheese.” Knowing that his parents were both in Mexico for a vacation, I knew this had to be a sign from God. Even though I could not see him, I most definitely knew he was there!

Every time I pray to God I think about this situation. Being able to rely on someone that you know will always be there for you is probably the best feeling in the world! A lot of people say “seeing is believing,” well in this case knowing is believing! To be able to feel God you have to have faith and to get faith you must have a good relationship with our Holy Father! Praying to God and asking him for guidance, will be something I will remember through out my whole entire life!