Being a Little Kid

Alma - Las Cruces, New Mexico

I believe in being a little kid as long as you want. This all started when my seventh grade literature teacher had us write about something we wanted to write about. I wrote about a toy I have at home. It was a Littlest Pet Shop named Dots.

I got my first Littlest Pet Shop on my eighth birthday. After that I have kept collecting them. I am twelve now, and when my teacher read it, she said, “My ten year old daughter collects those, and I thought she was too old for them.” Well, I have more kids’ toys than you would ever think a twelve year old girl would have.

Recently I earned two dollars from my dad for cleaning my room. He took me and my sister to the Dollar Tree. I was looking and looking for something I wanted, but I couldn’t find anything. Then I decided that I would get some crayons. I still had a dollar left so I looked at the coloring books. There were a lot to choose from and I couldn’t decide. I finally decided because my dad said, “I’m not going to stand here all day.” I got a Dragon Tales coloring book and I thought that I was crazy because it was for two year olds but it was what I wanted.

When I am at my friend’s house I like to play with baby toys. Abdul has a little sister who is two. I have fun with her toys because it is cool to see all how they work, but I also have to do what he wants to do, too. We play little kid games and around our age games, too. We play games like kickball or dodgeball. On April 19, 2009 we were getting a cup of water and some markers and mixing the markers in water. It was really messy. We had marker on our fingers and the next day I couldn’t get it off.

I will still watch Dragon Tales and Arthur and shows like that. I never get to watch them anymore because they come on during the day when I am at school. I would rather play with little kids who are about one or two because they enjoy games that I like. Other kids my age like video games. I like those, but as I said before, I would rather play with little kids, but on my street they are never or rarely out. I just play with my friend who is my age.

That is what I believe, but you may think it is funny. I am okay with that, but it may hurt other people’s feelings if they believe in the same thing as me if you are laughing at them.