Rong - 80210, Colorado

I believe that one has to undergo tremendous sacrifice and countless setbacks to achieve success. I was once almost desperate by my parents’ poor relationship since I was a little child, and frustrated when I didn’t do well in the College Entrance Exam. Those experiences once made me pessimistic. However, I didn’t give in to those miserable situations. In the past years, I have worked on everything with active attitude, and some of my honors can exemplify my successes. From 2004 to 2007, I have been awarded with Excellent Student and First Level Scholarships from my university for three consecutive years based on both academic and extracurricular performance. I was rewarded for what I pay. During the four year undergraduate study, I have meet setbacks from different parts.

I had to challenge my own distorted character which was influenced by the family’s disharmony atmosphere for years, and prove myself that I can be as good as students from famous universities. I was empowered by reading motivational books, and I tried to look at the world in an active attitude. I learned from those various people that I knew and I fight for my goals with persistence and diligence.

Then it came to the graduation ceremony, when I looked back, I found that I had changed both my character and my life. Now I am not pessimistic any more. My past setbacks make me even stronger than before. My experience taught me to be tolerant of other people’s idea and I learned to understand them from their own perspective. I also learned that once I am committed to a goal, I have enormous resolve to carry it through. What’s the most important is that I learned how to treat the setbacks in an active attitude and face the problems until I overcome them and reach my goal. My experience has proved the old saying

“where there is a will, there is a way.”

My personal style is to seek truth from facts, turn small steps into giant strides, and never give in to obstacles. This style has helped me to become successful in the past, and I believe firmly, this approach will continue to bring me to even greater success in the future.