Brittany - Midvale, Utah

At 18 years old I got pregnant and I would say that having a baby has been the best thing to happen to me ever in my lifetime thus far. Of course me being so young I thought of all my options and I am so glad I chose to keep my baby, she has saved me and she has truly been a blessing. While I was pregnant I was going through some hard times with my husband, we were homeless in the winter living out of our car, he was on drugs and left me to be by myself all the time so he could go party without his pregnant wife. Throughout all the hard times the one thing that was amazing was being pregnant with my baby girl. It was at this time I felt such a bond with her. I knew that having her was going to change my life forever, everything happens for a reason and her reason for being here was to save me from flushing my life down the toilet. The moment she came into this world my motherly instinct kicked in and I knew exactly what to do, I needed to take care of her, give her the best possible life I could give and ever since that day that is what I have dedicated my life to, working for the better things in life so she can grow up in a good and safe environment. She is now 3 yrs old, she is the most beautiful, smart little girl I have ever met just to see how smart she is makes me feel like I have been doing the right things for her. At times being a single mother can be extremely hard but everything I have read about a child that grows up with one parent and how life will not be as good for them or they will have more problems, that’s bull, my daughter is the sweetest most beautiful girl I think that being a single mom has made me stronger and I can realize that you don’ t need to go by what society says, you do whatever you feel is right. For me to describe love I would say my daughter, she is the only thing that I can say I truly love and I now know what love is like. Kayla is my savior, she has saved my life in several ways and I am forever grateful for her.