The Musical Effect

Mary - lenexa, Kansas

After hearing about the profound effects music can have on people, I was determined to believe that this was false. I wanted to see for myself and prove those who told me this that they were wrong. A friend of mine began talking about a band known as the Jonas Brothers. I had seen pictures of them but never fell in love with them as my friend was. Over time, she slowly introduced me to their music. I believe it was then that I fell in love with music and believed that it can have a profound effect on you.

As the weeks wore on, my obsession began to grow. I was in love with their music. I felt as if grabbed out at me. Eventually, I began to pay closer attention to the words and lyrics and the message in the lyrics. It was surprising to me that a story could be put into such a beautiful harmony of words. In addition, their music had no foul language or inappropriate references! By then, I had discovered who I wanted to listen to and what type of music. The vibe of their music matched or set my moods frequently. As a birthday present, I received their first soundtrack.

When their second soundtrack came out, I went and bought that one. Now hearing their music is a continuous habit. I listen to at least one song each day, to start my day or to work on homework. I am truly surprised by how much it has helped me get my homework done. It has the ability to put me in a productive mood quickly, this always results in rapid homework progress. For the many anti-Jonas people out there, I encourage you to just listen to one of their songs before judging them. Labeling and stereotyping anything will get you nowhere in life. The Jonas Brothers are truly talented gentlemen who put their best effort towards each project they begin. I know do believe that music can have a profound effect on you.