I Believe

Jesslyn - Kansas City, Kansas

When I look at life I see people with different advantages. Sometimes it

can be with the academics, the athleticism, or with family. For the most part around me I see people who families who are well put together and what seems to be picture perfect. Then I think to myself, “Why not me?” Why can’t I be the one who has the perfect family. The family who is consistently showing love an affection. Somehow it’s just so hard.

I myself have never really known what it’s like to have a somewhat normal

family. From a young age I started living with my Grandma and Grandpa. I was not lucky enough to get the chance to meet my Father. So there has always felt like there was always a void in my life.

Two years ago a man by the name of Darin Wilson came into my life. He coached me on a team called the Outlaws. He is not someone who blends in. He has in fact put a whole new meaning the word unique. No matter how good you thought you were doing that day; he could find sometime to point out. No it wasn’t always to make you feel bad. Most times he did it just to show you that you are Darin Wilson slowly but surely became what I call my father figure.

I believe that everyone has a flaw in their life for a reason. Mine Being the void

that has been filled. I believe that my flaw was put there not only to help me realize my goals and future, but to help Darin with becoming a more rounded person.