My Inspiration

Jane - Shawnee, Kansas

My Inspiration

I’m going to try not to sound too cliché in the essay, but sometimes things said that are the most cliché are the most true. A person who has shaped my beliefs would easily be Miley Cyrus. That sounds really ridiculous but her songs get me through some of the hardest things in life. I believe that it’s the simplest things in life that make the most sense; for example, Life’s what You Make it, True Friend, and The Climb are all songs that help me get through the day, with an easy relatable message.

Miley shows in the song Life’s What you Make it that sometimes we let the smallest things in life ruin our whole day and anything can be changed as long as you keep a good attitude! Why do we let ourselves wallow in sadness when there’s a positive side to every situation! Everything happens for a reason, a good one, we’re only looking at a small picture, but God sees the big one. Everyday I try to remember that life is what I make of it; it’s under my control to either complain and mope or just be happy! But it’s hard to be happy without true friends!

This brings me to my next point; Miley’s song True Friend. Although being positive is great, sometimes we need a little extra push to get through the day. I find when I’m having a really horrible day nothing is more important than having a great friend to listen to what’s going on. Miley has helped me to believe that

nothing is more important than having true friends to help you carry your cross! Through all this its important to realize that life will always be difficult but it’s all about the climb.

The Climb, this is my absolute favorite song by Miley. It describes the period in life I’m going through right now. It completely has helped me to keep positive and helped me truly believe in its words “ There’s always going to be another mountain. I’m always going to want to make it move. Always going to be an uphill battle, sometimes I’m going to have to lose. It isn’t about how fast I get there. Isn’t about what’s waiting on the other side, it’s the climb.” This song is all about just accepting what is given to you in life and playing the cards you’re dealt the best you can. You can’t always have your way, but you might as well do your best with what you have.

As I said I tried not to sound cliché in the essay, but sometimes the cheesy things are the honest to God truth! If there’s anything I would like you to remember from my essay is that Life’s What You Make it, always keep your true friends close, and life is all about The Climb!