I believe

Rebekka - overland park, Kansas

I believe that God created everything for a reason. I believe that he created flowers to brighten up the world and make the world smell good. He created rainbows to give the sky something beautiful after a stormy day. The stars are up in the sky to show us some of the most beautiful pictures if we just connect the dots.

Everything was put on the earth to give us glimpse of heaven.

I believe that the seven days of creation are important to our faith. On the first day of creation, God created night and day. To think if God didn’t create a difference between nighttime and daytime what would happen? If it was nighttime all the time, we wouldn’t be able to grow any of our plants and it would be cold because we wouldn’t have any of the suns rays to warm us. But, if it were daytime all the time when would we rest? When would the earth cool itself down? It the sun shone all the time, it would be hot out and we might have to stay inside. So, I believe that God created day and night for a reason.

The second day of creation God created the sky and the clouds. Its good that we have clouds in the sky because they can produce rain, which helps the earth, and they can sometimes make cool shapes, but most of all it helps us protect us from the sun. And what if there were clouds, but not sky to put them in? That would be a little strange to bump into a cloud on the ground while walking or driving or to have them covering the windows of our houses. Without the sky where would rainbows go and where would the birds fly?

On the third day of creation God created the land and plants. There are many kinds of plants on the earth…trees, flowers, bushes, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. We benefit from all of these in many ways. Fruits, vegetables and herbs provide us food and sometimes are ingredients in medicine. Trees produce fruits, provide us shade and give birds and other animal’s protection. In order for all these plants to grow they need fertile soil and ground, so God created the land to grow our food upon. The ground also serves as a way of transportation, a place to build our homes and a place for the water to be stored.

The fourth, day God created the sun and the moon and the stars. How amazing is it that God created so many beautiful things all on the same day? He created the sun to warm the land, to help the plants grow and to keep us humans from freezing to death. Then to make our world even better he gave the night sky the stars and the moon to light the earth, to allow the nocturnal animals to live and humans a time to rest. The moon and the stars and so beautiful in the night sky and they allow scientist to study outer space and all that God made.

On the fifth day, God created the birds and the fish. We had the stars in the night sky to give us something beautiful to look at and the birds to fill the daytime skies. Birds also provide us with beautiful music as they sing. Birds and fish both come in all shapes, sizes and colors and I believe that with out them in our oceans, trees and skies, our earth would be plain and boring.

On the sixth day, God created animals and human beings. Without humans there would be no one to protect and utilize all of God’s other wonderful creations. The animals are needed on the earth to provide food for the humans and other animals. Both animals and humans keep creating and help populate the world. While not all humans take care of and protect the land, the majority of us are here to love and serve God and we appreciate and see the beauty in all that he has created. Where would we get our meet?

On the last day of creation God rested. God created the seventh day for us to